You are most likely reading this because there are some things within your life that you are not altogether content with, maybe you want to feel healthier, happier or maybe you feel there are some little things you can do to feel better. I’m here to help.
There are SO many things that we can do to live a healthier and more positive life. Even some small and simple changes have the ability to turn your life around. Here are some to get you started!
- Go to sleep earlier. Relax and unwind about an hour before bed and get your shut-eye. Be honest, how many of you go to sleep at a reasonable hour!
- Wake up earlier. The earlier the better. The extra hours in the morning before the kids wake up is absolute bliss.
- Don’t be afraid to eat carbs. They (glucose) are the brain’s primary source of fuel and your body’s energy source for high-intensity exercise.
- Drink more water. Aim for a gallon a day. Add lemon, lime, orange, or cucumber slices to your water. It adds flavour but keeps your drinks low calorie.
- Lift weights. Don’t be afraid of that iron! Ladies…you will not get bulky, trust me. 5 Reasons why women should lift weights.
- Consistency is the key to success.
- Choose fitness activities that you enjoy. Top tip for getting started with fitness.
- Work out a time that suits you. Whether it’s morning, afternoon or night, choose a time that will keep your workouts consistent.
- Eat more fruits and veggies. They’re really good for you!
- Go vegan. For the animals, for the planet and for yourself.
- Laugh more. Laughing is great for the soul.
- Develop a morning routine. You’ll feel like a brand new person.
- Prepare your meals at home. This gives you complete control of everything that goes into the meal.
- Put a handful of spinach in your smoothies. You can’t taste it but it’s packed with a lot of nutrition.
- Read more. Books are amazing. Read more Fiction or self-help. Just keep reading.
- Write what’s on your mind. Write a story. Write down what you’re grateful for.
- Pamper yourself. Take a bubble bath, paint your nails, use a face or hair mask, and relax!
- Consistently learn new things. Research subjects you’re interested in, maybe take a course.
- Floss daily. A toothbrush doesn’t get between those teeth you know?!
- Practice gratitude. Think it. Write it down. We have tons to be grateful for every day.
- Compliment others. Be sure it’s genuine. You can make someone’s whole day.
- Stop judging people. You don’t know their story.
- Get outside. Go and appreciate the sounds and sights that nature has to offer and maybe get some vitamin D.
- Take probiotics. Your belly will appreciate this.
- Surround yourself with positive people. Their positivity will rub off on you.
- Love yourself.
- Write to-do lists. Be smart and don’t include more tasks then you can complete and then just get started!
- Take social media breaks. I need to try this more often.
- Stretch often. Your muscles need it.
- Do yoga. It’s great for the mind, body, and soul.
- Sit in the sauna. Sweat it out.
- Face your fears. Growth only happens outside of your comfort zone.
- Transform negative thoughts into positive ones. Especially the ones where you’re putting yourself down. NEVER EVER talk negatively about yourself!
- Take care of your belongings. It will save you money.
- Never settle. In your job, in your relationships, in life. Unless you are completely happy with how it is.
- Get organized. Life will be so much easier.
- Watch less TV. Record what you love to watch so you can skip the adverts.
- Stop expecting too much. You only end up disappointed.
- Stand up for what you believe in. Even if your voice shakes.
- Avoid watching/reading the news. Most of it is negative anyway.
- Smile at strangers. You never know the impact it could have on someone. I LOVE when a stranger smiles at me genuinely.
- Create big goals. Then make them bigger. Make people doubt you. Then work your ass off to reach them.
- Focus on forming a lifestyle that will last forever. Whatever changes you make, ensure they are things you could stick at forever. This is the main aim!
Small changes will add up to big rewards. Try a few of these or try them all and embrace the journey!!
[amazon_link asins=’0241283914,1409176878,1409175073,1409176924′ template=’ProductGrid’ store=’vickielouise-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’48b88637-0bec-11e8-b429-21f5e42c74a7′]
What do you do to live a healthy and positive life? Are there any tips you feel should be here that I haven’t included?